Monday, December 05, 2005

The SFE - Doc 74 Newmarket Fireman

Extracts from Divisional Officer Colin Hodges notebook
10th June 1998

Page # 128
Time and
Reference

DISCIPLINE INVESTIGATION – SUB/O WIGGLESWORTH, BRIGADE TRAINING @ LOWESTOFT

I explained that I was here to serve a regulation 7 letter on Firefighter SubO Wigglesworth but would not be interviewing him today.
10.00 Present in ADO Haydens office: DO Hodge, ADO Middleton, Sub/O Wigglesworth (W) Ff Hyde (FBU rep). I served the reg 7 letter (dated 10th June 98) on Sub/O W and asked him to read it, ask any questions if he wished, and sign it. This he did, and returned one copy to me. By way of confirmation of what I was investigating I indicated that I was aware that Sub/O W had now submitted a grievance using the grievance procedure and I clarified that we were not investigating the grievance or the issue relating to statutory sick pay. I informed Sub/O W that I had a number of people I wished to interview prior to interviewing him but suggested Thursday afternoon (11 June) might be an appropriate time to carry out the interview.This he declined saying it was he felt too short notice. I therefore agreed to ring him on Friday morning and confirm when the interview would take place. I reiterated it was brigade policy to tape interviews when it takes place. also I acknowledged he had the right to decline for it to be tape recorded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home