Monday, December 05, 2005

The SFE - Doc 77 Thetford Fireman

Statement of: Station Officer James Parsons

Age : 36

Occupation: Instructor Brigade training Centre

Address:

Telephone No.

This statement (consisting of 3 pages each signed by me) is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make it knowing that, if it is tendered in evidence, I shall be liable to prosecution if I have wilfully stated in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true.

Dated 10th day of June 1998

Signature: J Parsons

This statement was taken by ………………………..at…………………………..
………………………………………..on………………………………………….I read it over to ………………………………….. and he/she read and signed it in my presence.

C Hodge

Signature

I was in charge of Brigade Training Centre on the 4th and 5th June 1998. A course had been scheduled for brigade instructors which was conducted by an instructor from Essex Fire and Rescue Service J Parsons……………………………………………………………………………………
Sub O Wigglesworth entered the office on the morning of the 4th and informed other instructors that he had received a letter from BHQ indicating that he would have money stopped from his pay for an alleged misconduct J Parsons…………………………………………………………………
Signature J Parsons 743

Page No 2 continuation of statement dated 10th June 1998

By: The basic details of the letter became common knowledge about the station J Parsons………………………………………………………………………………………
J Parsons Later, during the course, myself and Sub O Wigglesworth were asked to step outside by Sub O Davey. J Parsons he showed me a copy of a near miss report which had been completed by Sub O Wigglesworth subsequent to his receipt of the letter from BHQ . J Parsons This was the first I knew about the near miss report. J Parsons….
J Parsons Sub O Davey informed me that DO smith had instructed him to send the station copy to BHQ for his attention. He further explained that he did not think this action appropriate. J Parsons… ………………………… …… …
J Parsons I queried the nature of the near miss report and as to whether I had any investigation or follow up duties as a result. J Parsons…… …………….
J Parsons The information detailed in the report indicated that I was not in a position to resolve the matter. I informed both Sub O’s Davey and Wigglesworth that…………………………………..…………………… Signature J Parsons

Page No 3 continuation of statement dated 10th June 1998

By: the copy must be sent to DO smith since his instruction had been a direct order. I then arranged to have it sent to DO smith at BHQ by first class mail. J Parsons……………………………………………………………………………………..
J Parsons In the meantime I contacted DO Smith so that he could brief me on the situation. J Parsons……… ……… …………… … ………… …… … … …… … ……..
J Parsons I can confirm that I was available all day on the 4th and 5th June and that I was never approached by Sub O Wigglesworth in connection with the near miss report. A copy of the near miss procedure is contained within the health and Safety folder in my office. This is readily accessible to all instructors within the department………………………………………….
J Parsons…………………………………………………………………………………….. ……J Parsons
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Signature J Parsons 743

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home