Sunday, January 08, 2006

The SFE - Doc 121 Halesworth Firefighter

Extracts from Divisional Officer Colin Hodge’s notebook
8th July 1998

Page # 151
Time and
Reference

12.20 I reinterviewed Sub/O Davey also in ADO smith’s office. I informed him I would need him to expand on what he had said in his statement dated 11th June 1998 (Doc 101). I read out the previous statement and asked him what actually was the advice he had given to Sub/O ….

Page # 152
Time and
Reference

…Wigglesworth in his union capacity. Sub/O Davey obviously felt a conflict of loyalty. I informed him that it was my view and the view of the Brigade that as he was on duty he was under an obligation to be more forthcoming and detail exactly what the advice was he gave to Sub/O Wigglesworth. Sub/O Davey asked to be allowed to make a telephone call, presumably to take advice, which I agreed for him to do. Sub/O Davey indicated he was aware that by not answering my question he was putting himself at risk of being charged under the DISCIPLINE REGULATIONS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home