Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Suffolk Fire Experience - Doc 267 Sprowston Firefighter Vacancies

Interested in other Suffolk Firefighter tales then check out “The Suffolk Hyde Affair” athttp://thesuffolkhydeaffair.blogspot.com/


Suffolk County Council

Fire Service

Mr A D WigglesworthSub
C/o Training Department
Normanshurst

Your ref
Our ref MHA/MLA
Ask for CFO Allcock
Tel (01473) 588969

18th September 1998

Dear Sub Officer Wigglesworth

I refer to your memorandum dated 14th September 1998 in which you make a request to revert to the rank of firefighter. I have carefully considered it, but unfortunately I am not in a position to make an informed judgement at this time.

I am awaiting a reply from Dr Deacon which will indicate his professional opinion on the results of you medical of the 15th September 1998. I require this information to ensure that you are physically and mentally fit to fulfil your duties and to add value to the decision I will make.

In the meantime, I am concerned that you feel unable to carry out the responsibilities of a junior officer and I am therefore granting you leave to enable you to have a period of reflection away from those duties and the perceived pressures you feel. I hope that you will use this time constructively and take into account the full consequences of a reversion in rank on your career and pension entitlements.

There will be no need for you to return to duty on the 28th September 1998. This added leave will be with full pay and will not be deducted from your annual entitlement.

I will write to you again when I have made a decision on your request.

Yours sincerely

M H Allcock
Supreme Chief Fire Officer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home