Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Suffolk fire experience - Doc 346 Witham Fireman

Interested in other Suffolk Firefighter tales then check out “The Suffolk Hyde Affair” at http://thesuffolkhydeaffair.blogspot.com/

Statement of: Station Officer James Parsons

Age : 37

Occupation: Fire Officer

Address: Meadow View Narrow way Wenhaston Halesworth

Telephone No. 01502 478547

This statement (consisting of 3 pages each signed by me) is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make it knowing that, if it is tendered in evidence, I shall be liable to prosecution if I have wilfully stated in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true.

Dated 4th day of NOVEMBER 1998

Signature: J Parsons

This statement was taken by ………………………..at…………………………..
………………………………………..on………………………………………….I read it over to ………………………………….. and he/she read and signed it in my presence.



Signature S/O Parsons C Hodge


When I receive leave requests I check instructor commitments by reference to an instructors schedule which sometimes carry with me. If the request does not appear to clash with course duties then I record leave in that schedule and normally I sign the leave request and file it. the instructors schedule doubles as my own personal diary and I am normally the only person to make entries on it. With reference to Sub Officer Kent’s request for leave dated 25th August 9 July and addressed to me: in answer to the question from DO Hodge I can not ever recall having seen the request. I was…..

Signature J Parsons

Page 2

J Parsons

.. on duty on 27/28/29 July at Normanshurst as far as I can re-call. Having checked my instructors schedule the record indicates Sub O Kent as being on leave and I would therefore assume that I made that entry having seen the request, before going on leave. With reference to a leave request from LFF Bartram 4th august 1998 requesting leave for 5/6/7/14 august 1998: I can confirm that I was on annual leave on that date and that I did not see the request and I did not therefore enter the details in the instructors schedule. With reference to Sub O Daveys leave on the 3rd request 29th July 1998 addressed to ADO Training requesting leave on the 3rd August : I can re-call this because I had to make alternative arrangements for instructor cover at Sizewell that day. I entered the leave in the instructors schedule. With reference to Sub O Wallis’s request for leave 23rd July 1998 addresses to ADO Training I can confirm that I re-call this request and that the details have been……
Signature J Parsons 743

Page 3

J Parsons

….. recorded in my instructors schedule for leave on all the dates requested. I remember Sub O Wallis handing me this request and discussing it with me. With reference to Sub O Davey’s request for HS leave on 5/11 August: on being questioned by DO Hodge today I cannot recall the submit in question, however there is a copy in the leave folder and I have recorded it in the instructors schedule as leave. Until to-day I was not aware of the comments which had been made on the copy sent to the DCFO.

J Parsons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home