Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Suffolk Fire Experience - Doc 415 Winsford Fire Station

GA
14th January 1999

THE FIRE BRIGADES
UNION
Bradley House
68 Coombe Road
Kingston Upon Thames
Surrey KT2 7AE
Telephone 081 541 1765

APPLICATION FOR LEGAL AID
IN ACCORDANCE WITH RULE 25 (3)
Use this form to apply for Legal Aid for ANY matter connected with your employment OTHER than an accident or illness.

This form should be read carefully and the fullest possible information given in the spaces provided. It should then be handed to your Branch Secretary or Chairperson to complete Part II. It is then his/her responsibility to forward it to Head office for action. If Legal Aid is granted the solicitor will be in touch with you direct to advise you of the next steps to be taken in the matter.
Do not delay in returning this form if you are unable to answer some of the questions.

PART I

1. Full Name (in capitals).
SubO X
2. Address.
LOWESTOFT, SUFFOLK, UK.
3. Telephone.
4. Branch.
LOWESTOFT FIRE STATION.
5. Employing Authority.
SUFFOLK FIRE SERVICE.
LOWESTOFT FIRE STATION.
6. Date of joining service.
3RD OCTOBER 1978.
7. Your rank and how long held.
SUBO 4 YEARS 6 MONTHS
8. Details of matter for which legal aid is required. Full details must be given and relevant documents attached to this form.

On or 1st May 1998 I was involved in an accident at work. Later I was indicted with a disciplinary offence from matters arising from the facts related to the accident. Since the indictment I and my FBU colleagues have made numerous reasonable requests to obtain a copy of the relevant accident investigation report. These reasonable requests have been met with obstruction and a refusal by ACFO Kenneth Seager to hand over a copy of the report without the attachment of a disclaimer to liability.

I ask for assistance to apply the relevant legal instrument to ensure I am provided with a copy of the accident report which is required for my defence against the malicious charges filed by ACFO Kenneth Seager.


I wish to apply for legal assistance on the basis of the particulars given above. I have no solicitor acting for me in relation to this matter and hereby authorise you to instruct a Solicitor to act on my behalf if legal aid is granted. I confirm that I am and was a member of the F.B.U. on the date of the accident/incident/contracted illness as stated above. I understand that I am obliged to give the full facts to the Union and the unions nominated Solicitors, and that if I fail to do so or give false misleading facts, legal assistance will be withdrawn and I shall be responsible for the costs incurred by the Union and any party to litigation in which the Union has supported me. I understand that a report of my case upon its conclusion may be published by the Union.

Signed SubO X
Date 12th January 1999

PART II

To be completed by the Branch Secretary or Chairperson who is responsible for passing the form to the Brigade Secretary or chairperson for endorsement and forwarding to Head Office.

Branch Secretary signature Firefighter Y

PART III

Endorsed by Brigade Chairperson C. Hayward

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home