Monday, September 24, 2007

The Suffolk Fire Experience - Doc 445 Martlesham Heath Brass Band Parent Rep Admits Sexual Offence With a Trumpet

Lowestoft
NR 33


31st January 1999
DO. C Hodge
Suffolk Fire Service
BHQ
Ipswich IP4 4SS
Complaint

Dear Sir,

On the evening of 29th January 1999 I was at home off duty at the above address with my wife Gail and my daughter Laura. I was in the back of the house at the time and my wife and daughter were in the front of the house in our sitting room. It was dark so they had a light on and the curtains of the room were partially open.

My wife sensed being watched and looked towards the window and saw a figure looking through the window, this startled her and caused my daughter to look at the same time. I heard my wife shout my name, she sounded alarmed. I quickly went to the room and she pointed at the window and said someone was looking through the window at us. I immediately went to the front door and opened it and saw a figure running out of my garden. I noticed that the person was in uniform and I called out “what do you want?” as he was moving away. He then stopped in the road and looked around and by the light of a street lamp outside my house I recognised the person as being Mr Saward.

I was angry and called out to him “too scared to knock on the door then?” He said that he did not want to disturb me. I then said, “what do you think you are playing at skulking around here in the dark?”

He said that he was delivering a letter.

“Where is the letter I demanded”? “Oh! Here it is”, it was in his hand. I then went up to him and noticed he was nervous, he then held out a letter to me, which I took.

“What’s this then?” I asked. He said it was notification of your grievance hearing from me. I then asked who is coming to see me on Thursday? He said “what do you mean?” I said “you know what I mean, I am expecting someone to come and see me to hear my grievance”. He said that he was hearing my grievance and offering me an appointment. I was disgusted and wanted to get back to my wife and daughter to see if they were OK. This was an unwanted intrusion of my family. Why a Fire Service Officer had to come to my house and behave improperly is beyond me.

Submitted

Firefighter Y

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home