Friday, January 06, 2006

The SFE - Doc 108 Leiston Fire Station

Extracts from Divisional Officer Colin Hodge’s notebook
1st July 1998

Page # 140
Time and
Reference

Wednesday 1st July 1998
Discipline Case Sub?O Wigglesworth
(to speak to
S/O Parsons) Having left a message with S Huggins in the morning, I rang at approx 1350 and spoke to Sub/O Wa11ace and asked him to get Sub/O Wifgglesworth to contact me, which he did at approx 1400hrs. I explained I wished to arrange to interview him. This was intended to be the week commencing 20/7/98 when he returned from annual leave. However Sub/O W informed me that he was on duty the following day, Thursday 2nd July, so I said I would like to interview him then. I also asked him to confirm he was available and not tied up teaching all day. He said he had a…..

Page # 141
Time and
Reference

…… course in but other instructors were available. Sub/O W told me he wanted me to put it in writing to him (reference the interview) and also to inform his solicitors of the matter. i said I would not speak to his solicitors. He then asked me to arrange the interview through his FBU representation – this I refused to do saying the interview would be arranged through him! I said I was unable to do the interview any time on that day. But unless he could not do it then it would take place at 10. 30 @ Lowestoft. I asked him to confirm with his representative body availability and then let me know before the afternoon was out to confirm interview was on……

Page # 142
Time and
Reference

…..Later in the afternoon I tried to contact him on a couple of occasions but could not get through so at 16 . 45 I telephoned ADO smith and asked him to speak to Sub/O W at Lowestoft and confirm if the interview was on. ADO smith rang back at 16.50 and confirmed he had spoken to Sub/O w and that he had just spoken to his rep body and that they were okay for interview at 10.30 on 2/7/98. ADO Smith also informed me that Sub/O W did not want me to ring him at home to confirm arrangements “on any account.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home