Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Suffolk Fire Experience - Doc 229 Newquay Fireman

Interested in other Suffolk Firefighter tales then check out “The Suffolk Hyde Affair” at http://thesuffolkhydeaffair.myblogsite.com/blog

Statement of: Station Officer James Parsons

Age : 37

Occupation: Fire Officer

Address: Meadow View Narrow way Wenhaston Halesworth

Telephone No. 01502 478547

This statement (consisting of 2 pages each signed by me) is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make it knowing that, if it is tendered in evidence, I shall be liable to prosecution if I have wilfully stated in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true.

Dated 1.9.98

Signature: J Parsons

This statement was taken by ………………………..at…………………………..
………………………………………..on………………………………………….I read it over to ………………………………….. and he/she read and signed it in my presence.



Signature

Due to the flexible nature of the work schedule within the brigade training department I have previously allowed informal arrangements for booking leave. Essentially this meant that instructors managed their own leave and only had to inform me verbally that they intended to take leave. If I was unavailable they then a note left on my desk was acceptable. This system worked well, with instructors almost always fitting in leave when not scheduled to run courses. On the few occasions that requested leave clashed with courses mutually agreed alternative arrangements were made to allow……
Signature J Parsons

Page 2

.. instructors their leave. On no occasion have I ever had cause to refuse leave. In return for this informal arrangement instructors have always accommodated my requests (often at short notice) to work rota days and to change duties. On the 8th July 1998 ADO Hayden issued an order instructing that all leave requests be submitted to me in writing. I issued copies of that order to all instructors including those attending courses at the Fire Service College. In particular, I have been asked if a copy was issued to Sub O Wigglesworth. I can confirm that I left a copy of the order on his desk. He was on annual leave at the time. My annual leave ran from 1.898 to 16.8.98. When I returned I found a leave request dated 7.8.98 from Sub O Wigglesworth requesting leave on the 12.8.98. This request had been left on my desk in my absence.
Signature J Parsons 743

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home