Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Suffolk Fire Experience - Doc 254 Bury St Edmunds Fireman Vacancies

Interested in other Suffolk Firefighter tales then check out “The Suffolk Hyde Affair” athttp://thesuffolkhydeaffair.blogspot.com/




Mr A Wigglesworth
Lowestoft

FBU Region 10
Steve Brinkley


14th September 1998

Dear Steve,

Further to my letter dated 10th August 1998 (see Doc 193) and our meeting at Colchester Road Fire Station on or around 14th August 1998. I am disappointed that I have not yet received any feedback from you or the FBU on the matter.

Furthermore, I believe that the non-action of the FBU, to date, is giving certain individuals within the Suffolk Fire Service a sign of approval to continue with personal abuse toward me. In particular today I have been refused access to carry out health and safety inspections at Wrentham, Southwold, Halesworth and Bungay Fire Station. The order to such refusal seems to originate from ACFO K Seager and was directly communicated to me today by ADO Alan Campion. All this despite the fact that he had no qualms about the inspections when they were arranged with him last week. In addition, and despite the fact that ADO Campion has accompanied me and accepted FBU health and safety inspection records and notifications from me he denied such events had ever taken place. As far as he was concerned I am not a legitimate FBU health and safety representative.

Strange then that I received paid leave from the brigade to attend the relevant TUC health and safety course last year. Of course this was after I had notified them of my health and safety status on my application for that leave. In addition, I have continued to carry out health and safety inspections on other Suffolk Fire Service premises, in the Lowestoft area with the passage of further documentary evidence.

All in all I have, by way of ADO Campion’s behaviour, been denied guaranteed statutory rights assigned to trade union health and safety representatives. I would be grateful if you could intervene and resolve this matter, by way of the normal FBU channels used for such employer abuses. I look forward to being able to resume my elected health and safety representative role in the near future.



Yours sincerely


A D Wigglesworth BSc, G.I.Fire.E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home