Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Suffolk Fire Experience - Doc 269 Bedford Fire Station Open Day

Interested in other Suffolk Firefighter tales then check out “The Suffolk Hyde Affair” athttp://thesuffolkhydeaffair.blogspot.com/

Mr A Wigglesworth
Lowestoft

Thompsons Solicitors
Congress House
Great Russell Street
London WC1B 3LW


CDJ/WIGGLESWORTH/L98/60166


Your Ref CDJ/WIGGLESWORTH/L98/60166

19th September 1998

Dear Mr Jones,

I enclose some of the health and safety records and details of the workplace inspections that I have carried out in recent times. All of the inspections were carried out as a result of me being the democratically elected FBU health and safety representative for Lowestoft Fire Station.

As you will no doubt see, my last inspection was in June when I made an official FBU health and safety inspection of the fire safety offices at Lowestoft. This was after an official approach from ADO Eric Smith to carry out the inspection due to me being accepted as the station FBU health and safety representative. Accordingly, I countersigned all brigade paperwork in respect to that visit. That paperwork was then sent on the DO Hodge who is responsible for all brigade fire safety offices and facilities. That being the same DO Hodge who currently contests that I am not an FBU health and safety representative. I would hazard a guess he is currently unaware of my signature on that document. Also, that ADO Eric Smith made an official approach to me because as far as he and the other officers at Lowestoft were concerned I am the recognised FBU health and safety representative.

I would be happy for you to make an approach to him for the document he currently has in his possession that records the FBU inspection of Lowestoft fire safety offices in June 1998.






Yours sincerely


A D Wigglesworth BSc, G.I.Fire.E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home