Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Suffolk Fire Experience - Doc 296 Buxton Fire Station Open Day

Interested in other Suffolk Firefighter tales then check out “The Suffolk Hyde Affair” athttp://thesuffolkhydeaffair.blogspot.com/

Suffolk County Council


Mr. A. Wigglesworth
Lowestoft
NR32 4RD

Your ref
Our ref lmh/ceh/HQ.2 (e)

Date 7th October 1998

Dear Mr Wigglesworth

I am writing to confirm the steps I will be taking as a result of our discussion within the harassment procedure. I have appointed Mr K Lynch from the Social services Department to act as the harassment investigator. He is a professionally trained harassment officer with wide experience. He will interview you and other people and then make a report to me.

His investigation will be based on an initial report from you about the incidents you claim are harassment. Given that your initial letter is not very clear, we discussed this at some length when we met to try to ascertain the issues and incidents you are claiming represent harassment.

I made some notes and agreed to send you a copy of them to see if they contain the same items you were concerned about. They are attached, and I’d be grateful if you would let me know whether they amount to an accurate account of your claims. If the summary does not accurately reflect the issues, please feel free to give me an alternative account. It is important, however, that we start the procedure with as clear an account as possible of the issues you are concerned about.

I have also now received you subsequent letter requesting us to proceed with the disciplinary hearing in parallel with the harassment investigation. I fail to see from your letter how this is in your best interests as the harassment investigation may have a bearing on the disciplinary matters, as this is partly your submission. I have taken the liberty of discussing this with your solicitor Mr Craig Jones. I have assured him that the harassment investigation is perfectly confidential, with prejudice and completely outside of the Fire Service Disciplinary regulations. As such, he informed me he has no problem of the harassment investigation proceeding ahead of the disciplinary hearing. On this basis the harassment investigation will proceed immediately and it will be complete in advance of the disciplinary hearing.

I have also been informed, by Ken Seager, that you have subsequently been charged with other serious disciplinary offences. I am assured they have no bearing on the other issues we discussed, and therefore this second disciplinary hearing should proceed in the normal way.

Once I have the findings from the harassment investigation, I suggest we meet again.


Yours sincerely

Lin Homer
Chief executive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home