Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Suffolk Fire Experience - Doc 420 Manston Fire Station

Interested in other Suffolk Firefighter tales then check out “The Suffolk Hyde Affair” athttp://thesuffolkhydeaffair.blogspot.com/

Zedgen (revised)

SUFFOLK FIRE SERVICE

To: SubO X and whomsoever it may concern

From: SubO Kieron Peter Davey
Station: 055

Date: 15th January 1999

Events August 1998

SubO X,

I can confirm it was my intention to have the flashover demonstrators on show and working for F.B.U. brigade officials during the month of August 1998.

In discussions with ADO Paul Hayden he made the suggestion to me that I take the unit to the brigade committee meeting 5th August 1998 that was already due to attend. I agreed with him and thought it was an excellent idea. I told him that I would refer the matter to the FBU chair for his approval. I did that immediately and returned to ADO Paul Hayden a short time later informing that I had obtained approval.

I then informed ADO Paul Hayden that I would need some assistance to get the equipment in and out of the transport vehicle and that as no courses were running during August another instructor would be helpful. He also agreed with my concern saying that he did not want any unqualified people fiddling with the equipment and that as SubO X was a local FBU official I should take him with me. ADO Paul Hayden was quite clear on that instruction and it was a case of taking SubO X to the meeting in his capacity as an employee of Suffolk Fire Service.

I told SubO X that ADO Paul Hayden had instructed me to take him to the FBU meeting on 5th August 1998. SubO X confirmed he had no other commitments on that day and would support me by attending on that day. ADO Paul Hayden’s were clear and precise. It was he who told me to take SubO X to the FBU meeting on 5th August 1998. Of that I have absolutely no doubt.

Kieron Peter Davey SubO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home