Friday, January 06, 2006

The SFE - Doc 110 Leiston Fireman

Extracts from Divisional Officer Colin Hodge’s notebook
2nd July 1998

Page # 142
Time and
Reference

Tursday 2nd July 1998
10.30 At 10.30 in ADO Smith’s office at Lowestoft. Interviewed Sub/O……..

Page # 143
Time and
Reference

………. Wigglesworth in the presence of ADO Middleton and Mr Hyde (FBU Rep Body) I confirmed that I was investigating the circumstances of the near miss reported by Sub/O Wigglesworth on Wed 3rd June 1998 and that I was not investigating or dealing with his grievance over the issue of sick pay. I added although I was obviously aware of a grievance had now been submitted. I had not seen a copy of it. I then informed Sub/O Wigglesworth that in line with brigade Policy I would like to tape record the interview and the equipment was already in place and tested. Sub/O Wigglesworth objected to the interview being tape recorded and asked for all the tape recording equipment to be removed from the room – which…….

Page # 144
Time and
Reference

………was done. The interview consisted there on of me asking a number of prepared questions, with ADO Middleton taking down the answer long hand. A transcribed version of the interview is on file, as is the contemporaneous notes of both myself and ADO Middleton. Sub/O Wigglesworth was “cautioned” before the interview took place at 10.30 . Finished questions of mine at 10.40 at which stage Mr Hyde asked for an adjournment. The interview recommenced at…..
10.41 …… 10.41 when Mr Hyde asked for a copy of the questions to which I replied Sub/O Wigglesworth would receive a copy of the transcript, ……….

Page # 145
Time and
Reference

…….and then Sub/O Wigglesworth asked me a number of questions culminating in him saying “You may not wish to answer my question, but may have to act. The situation which has developed are an unlawful act – I would like you to investigate it and this is an official request”. I asked ‘who do you mean by “you?” Sub/O Wigglesworth replied the ball is in your court. The interview terminated at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home