Sunday, January 15, 2006

The SFE - Doc 147 Felixstowe fire Station Open Day

Statement of: Sarah Davies

Age : 27

Occupation: Corporate Human Resources Director

Address: Hill Farm Cottage, Akenham, nr Woodbridge, Suffolk

Telephone No. 01473 588888

This statement (consisting of 3 pages each signed by me) is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make it knowing that, if it is tendered in evidence, I shall be liable to prosecution if I have wilfully stated in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true.

Dated 27th day of July 1998

Signature: SH Davies

This statement was taken by Colin Hodge at Brigade Headquarters on 27th July 1998 I read it over to Sarah Davies and she read and signed it in my presence.
Signature C Hodge

Sub Officer A Wigglesworth (AW) telephoned me at my office on the afternoon of 3rd june 1998. He had received my letter to him dated 29.5.98 regarding his sick pay. He was quering the lack of medical advice and asking to visit HQ to see any Doctors statement the Brigade had obtained in connection with the decision regarding sick pay entitlement. I told him that it had not been necessary for the Brigade to refer the matter to the Medical Adviser since AW had told ADO Hayden that his absence was directly attributable to his………….Signature SH Davies

Page No 2 continuation of statement dated 27.7.98
By Sarah Davies
……………. Accident and that he had caused his accident through his owm lack of care. I thought Mr Wigglesworth was a little stupid to challenge my finding and somewhat rude during the conversation, and I did tell him that there was no point in being facetious. His manner and criticism during the conversation, in my professional opinion, reflected his own frustration and annoyance at the situation. His manner and ignorance of employment law caused me no distress and I see no reason to pursue this point further. During my conversation with Mr Wigglesworth I told him very clearly that he should pursue the matter as a grievance, in the manner described in my letter dated 29th May 1998. I gave him this advice on the basis that he did not say anything other than to pursue the procedural point about medical advice. Nothing he said seemed to change the situation as it appeared on 29th may 1998 i.e. he did not say he had hurt his back since 1st may (eg by a further fall) nor suggest he had an underlying back problem. I informed the……….. Signature SH Davies

Page No 3 continuation of statement dated 27.7.98
By Sarah Davies
…………….. Deputy county Fire Officer (by e-mail) of my conversation with Mr Wigglesworth on the afternoon of 4th June 1998, DO G smith told me that Sub O Wigglesworth had reported the matter of his sick pay via the “near- miss” system. This approach (i.e. use off near miss system) was not discussed between myself and Sub O Wigglesworth previously, and I was completely unaware of the report until informed of it by DO smith. I can confirm that I have not seen a copy of Sub O Wigglesworth’s near miss report (dated 4.6.98) until today. SH Davies
Signature SH Davies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home