Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Suffolk Fire Experience - Doc 189 Reasons to re-elect John Mcghee FBU national officer

Interested in other Suffolk Firefighter tales then check out “The Suffolk Hyde Affair” athttp://thesuffolkhydeaffair.blogspot.com/

Suffolk County Council


Mr. A. Wigglesworth
Lowestoft
NR32 4RD
Your ref
Our ref LMH/SMM/HQ.2 (e)
Date 7th August 1998

Dear Mr Wigglesworth

I refer to your letter of 26 July and my reply of 30 July 1998 and write to inform you of my proposed next steps.

Your letter makes a complaint of harassment under the County Council’s harassment policy. The first step in the procedure is to ask you to complete a report of harassment in accordance with the form provided in the back of the booklet “Procedure for dealing with Complaints of Harassment at Work”. Please give as much detail as you can of the incident or incidents you believe amount to harassment and the other information asked for in the form.

You do not need to fill in the form if it is easier to write out the information within a letter form.

Once I receive the additional information I will instigate the necessary investigation, and will follow the formal procedure set out on pages 6 & 7 of the guide.

Could I encourage you to read the guide to harassment and to consider getting support from a friend or a trade union official or harassment advisor, if you feel unsure about the report I’m asking you to complete or any aspect of the procedure.

Whilst writing I would also express my concern that the Lowestoft Journal has information about this matter. As I have shared your letter only with the County Director of Personnel and County Solicitor it would appear that the source of their information must be you. You may, therefore, like to comment on this whilst replying.

Yours sincerely

Lin Homer
Chief executive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home