Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Suffolk Fire Experience - Doc 298 Buxton Fireman Vacancies

Interested in other Suffolk Firefighter tales then check out “The Suffolk Hyde Affair” athttp://thesuffolkhydeaffair.blogspot.com/

Mr A Wigglesworth
Lowestoft

The Chief Executive
Suffolk County Council
St Helen Court
Ipswich
Suffolk


8th October 1998

Dear Chief Executive,

Thank you for your letter dated 7th October 1998.

Your letter seemed to be a summary to our meeting the previous week which was in connection with the notification I sent to you as far back as July 1998.

Firstly, I do not believe the account you portray in your letter 7th October 1998 is accurate. I would refer you back to the correspondence I have sent to you. Please carefully review it and you should be more than able to recognised the key elements of my complaint. I do not believe that is beyond your capability. Indeed, as kept reminding Mr Hyde and myself, last week, and using your own words “I am a practising lawyer”.

As you know I have been subject to further retaliation and harassment since our meeting. I have little doubt that this is linked to the original complaint I have made. On futher reflection, I am of the opinion that confining my complaint to a routine investigation, by a friend of the harassers, is somewhat trivialising the complaint.

It is this reasoning which has caused me to ask you to provide an immediate date for the original discipline hearing. I have noted your canvassing of my solicitor in an effort to get him to persuade me to follow your strategy.

There are serious failings on the part of some officers involved in the investigations against me which do in themselves constitute a breach of the discipline regulations. This is quite apart from the behaviour of the unlawful Deputy Chief Fire Officer Simon Smith. All good stuff to bring to the attention of the elected members at the disciplinary hearing.
In consequence, I can see no absolutely reason to delay the disciplinary hearing. Nevertheless, as you seem determined to follow your own strategy in favour of any other recommendation I will of course meet with the harassment investigator. Indeed, I am prepared to do so despite the fact that I know he is blatantly inappropriate for the impartial task he has been given.






Yours sincerely


A D Wigglesworth BSc, G.I.Fire.E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home