Monday, October 22, 2007

The suffolk Fire Experience - Doc 478 Livingston Firefighter Job Losses

Suffuck County Council
Fire Service
To: Ff. Y (566)
Station: 16, Normanshurst

KES/SIS/DISC
ACFO Seager
(01473) 588939
1 March 1999

Dear Ff Y,
IMPORTANT
Notification that you are the subject of an investigation under the Fire services (Discipline) Regulations, 1985

In accordance with the provisions of Regulation 7 of the above Regulations, I am writing to notify you that I have received information which leads me to believe that you may have committed an offence, or offences, under the Fire Services (Discipline) Regulations, 1985
The circumstances which I have asked to be investigated are:

1. Your failure to comply with an order to revert to firefighter rank on 1 February, 1999.

2. Your demeanour in meetings with Temporary Assistant Divisional Officer Saward about the matter.

It is my intention to carry out an investigation into the allegations, and I have appointed Divisional Officer Graham Smith to assist me. He will shortly be making arrangements to interview you in relation to this matter, and I would suggest that you use the opportunity to make a statement in reply.

However, you are not obliged to say anything, or to answer any questions put to you at an interview, unless you choose to do so. I must also warn you that anything said or written by you in connection with this matter may also be used in evidence at any subsequent disciplinary hearing.

I enclose two copies of this notification. One should be signed by you and returned immediately to the officer serving this notice on you. The other copy is for your use, and I would strongly recommend that you pass it to your union representative. You are entitled to seek the advice of your union in this matter, and for a representative of the union to be present at any interview hereafter.

If you have any questions about the disciplinary process which the officer serving this is unable to answer, please do not hesitate to contact me at Brigade Headquarters.

Yours sincerely

K. E. Seager,
Assistant Chief Fire Officer (Technical)
Brigade Investigating Officer

I acknowledge receipt of this notification. I understand I am the subject of an investigation under the Fire Services (Discipline) regulations, 1985.

Signed………………………………………Date……………………………….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home