Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Suffolk Fire Experience - Doc 276 Leiston Fire Station Open Day

Interested in other Suffolk Firefighter tales then check out “The Suffolk Hyde Affair” athttp://thesuffolkhydeaffair.blogspot.com/

Zedgen (revised)

SUFFOLK FIRE SERVICE

To: CHIEF FIRE OFFICER
Cc A.C.F.O Seager D.O. Hayden

From: T/ADO Saward

Date 25th SEPTEMBER 1998

TELEPHONE CONVERSATION WITH WIGGLESWORTH

Sir,

Further to your e-mails instructing officers to keep Wigglesworth under close surveillance and generally obstruct his activities and with regard to the instructions D.O. Hayden has issued to all Lowestoft officers.

Keeping the pressure up on Wigglesworth I telephoned him at his home at 1200 hrs on Friday 25th September1998. I did this despite him notifying me that I should not contact him at home. D.O. Hayden fully supported this action when I made my intentions known to him. I told Wigglesworth that I was contacting at home because it was in his best interests and wished to inform him of the outcome of the issues he raised with me on Wednesday 23rd September1998. He told me he was already fully aware of the outcome.

Nevertheless, I managed to convince him that my intentions were in his best interests and encourage him into conversation with me. Unfortunately, he was a little coy and did not reveal any information that may assist the discipline proceedings against him.

I then went on to reiterate his leave arrangements and his intention to engage in a period of private study at Moreton in Marsh. During this part of the conversation I was able to secure the information that he had booked a room at the college and would be there on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

He also revealed to me that he had an audience with the Chief Executive on 1st October 1998.

With regard to his discipline case I informed him that it had been postponed because he had called the CFO as a witness with the outcome being that the case could not be conducted by the brigade and that the County’s personnel department would be handling the matter. Therefore any instructions will come from them. However, I informed him that he should wait for written confirmation of this before changing his arrangements for the original hearing dates in October.


Your Obedient servant

G.E. Saward
T/Assistant Divisional Officer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home